Menu
JRST
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net account

I can not send or receive email from virgin.net email address. I am a virgin broadband customer but my email is a old one from the dialup days. I have spoken to Virgin Media you say all they can suggest is getting a new email address. I suspect my virgin.net account may have been hacked and the password changed - any ideas how I can remedy this. I believe TalkTalk may have taken over these accounts but I can not find a contact number that does not require me to have a TalkTalk AC. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net account

Hi JRST, 

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to the Community. 

I am sorry to hear are having problems accessing an the email address. When were you last able to access the email account please?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net account

@JRST wrote:

I believe TalkTalk may have taken over these accounts

I assume that is the nonsense that the VM Customer Service agents told you. 

They continue to fob people off with that line despite the fact that it is totally untrue!Smiley Frustrated Presumably they say it just to get customers with 'difficult' problems off the line.

TalkTalk took over the non fibre broadband service which was branded 'Virgin.net' from Virgin in 2014 but the email domain virgin.net always has and still is firmly under Virgin Media's control. The Virgin.net email service was never sold to TalkTalk.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos