Menu
MichelleUK
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net account not recognised….needed urgently!

Hi, I have been with Virgin for over 21 years and have a Virgin.net email account. It is no longer recognising my username and password and I cannot get my emails by IMAP or webmail.

To make matters worse, we are moving and need access to emails from the solicitor, estate agent etc. I have tried calling Virgin but there does not seem to be an option that fits. Does anyone know how I can contact them to find out what has happened to my account? I am worried that someone else has control of the account and has access to my very important emails.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net account not recognised….needed urgently!

Hello MichelleUK

I van have a look at this for you 

But I might need to adviser you it may be closed now 

As we no longer support former .net address and haven't done for the last X amount of years this would have bean closed 90 days after Talk Talk bought our non cabled customers

Let me have a look and see 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
MichelleUK
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

I have been using this account as my main account for the last 20 odd years and it was live up until about 11pm last night. If it has been closed it is a problem but my bigger concern is that someone else may have control of it.

I have answered your message security questions.

Many thanks,

Michelle

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello MichelleUK

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you 

Can you have a look at this Link please

Also this as well 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
MichelleUK
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for the reply but as I cannot access my account by Webmail either, I do not think that the links help in my case. I am resigned to the fact that I have lost the use of this account but I am concerned that it does not seem to have been deleted. If I email the account, I do not get a message that there is no account. I am concerned that other people could email me and assume that I have read their message, or worse, someone else is using the account.

Please could you check that the account is deleted for me please?

Thank you,

Micheele

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Gareth_L 

A reminder,

Where possible some virgin.net email packages would have been transferred to a broadband account, if the customer was in a cabled area..  Not all of them would have been closed.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks