Menu
Mitchellneil1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net Email

I had an old virgin.net email address but I haven’t used it for a long time. I’m still with virgin media. Is there a way of accessing these old emails ? 

kind regards

neil

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin.net Email

On the face it a simple question, but I'm afraid a complex answer.

Their is a slim chance that the address still exists on the VM mail database, depending on how long it is since you had it and whether it was ever properly associated with a current paid for VM braodband account. 

You can try testing whether the address is still live using a mail tester like this one:

https://hunter.io/email-verifier

but the results are not necessarily definitive. If it isn't live I'd think about moving on.

Perhaps the best thing to do is wait here for the VM Forum Team to pick this up and take a look at the address and advise on what might be possible. They take up to a week to reach threads so you will have to be patient and not post again; because if you do you'll go to the back of the queue

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net Email

Hi Mitchellneil1,

As per Howard's advice, it should be possible to link the virgin.net email addresses to your current VM account but there are a number of things to consider. Firstly I'd like to take a look at the former and current VM accounts and we can then determine if a transfer is viable and take it from there.
Please reply to my PM (purple envelope, top right) and I'll get back to you 🙂

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos