Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net Email Not Working

An RAF serviceperson on Ops in the Middle East, extended TFN due to COVID, has had their http://virgin.net email suspended in the last week by VirginMedia! They can't make arrangements back in the UK to deal with their extended stay and their Visa has not been extended in country because they cannot receive in-country notifications to their email. The email is one of 3 emails registered to Account [REMOVED], the first 2 emails are working OK, but the third email stopped working about a week ago. Can you please ensure that the third email registered to this account is reinstated/repaired. Many thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net Email Not Working

remove your account number. with that people can do so much damage to your account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How do I amend the post?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You have 30 minutes after posting to edit a post.  You will have to wait now for a Moderator to edit it out.  They have been notified.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Having reviewed other similar problems on the Forum, I recognise that the issue with the email problem below may be that currently I have no Virgin Media services, Virgin were not active in my postcode when I moved years ago. The Virgin email accounts have worked fine since then (2005), have been managed (password changes and new emails) through my Virgin Media account and accessed on Virgin Media webmail.

Given the circumstances below I am absolutely focussed on reinstating the email in question and would take out a Virgin Media service if one is available to me if that would help. Trying to utilise a new email in the UK with the myriad of organizations that use it effectively as a reference is bad enough but doing it from 5,000 miles away whilst serving your country is a nightmare and is causing serious anxiety for the person in question. Can you please look at this as a matter of priority and come back to me.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

to do a move and transfer to a new account the email must still be on the system. If its completed the delete it can't be recovered or setup again.
And the new account must be in the same name/be the same account holder as the old email was assigned to

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax, thanks for the info on move and transfer which may come in handy once Virgin find the email account and reactivate it. They have yet to even ask for the email address so I am not sure what they are doing if anything.

Forum Team: Appreciate the reminder about personal info and scammers.

0 Kudos