Menu
valisle
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net Email Account

Hi

I am suddenly unable to open my Virgin.net email account on both of my computers. I am still able to access it on my mobile though.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS I have already tried updating the settings, but that keeps coming up with failed.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Superstar
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net Email Account

Do you have a current Virgin Media broadband account?

If so, was your old virgin.net email address correctly associated with your currently active broadband account?

If you don't have a current VM broadband account you have no right to use any of the VM email services.

Further information can be seen here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@valisle wrote:

I am suddenly unable to open my Virgin.net email account on both of my computers. I am still able to access it on my mobile though.

What you are seeing - not being able to access the account via Virgin Media Webmail service on the VM website but still being able to download your emails via an email app on your phone is a strong indication that VM are in the process of deleting your Virgin.net account. The link provided  by Sololobo gives you the background.

It you are no longer a paying VM  broadband customer your Virgin.net account is on the way out I'm afraid. You will eventually lose access via the email app on your phone and there will be no way back for it.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
valisle
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Yes. I am a VM customer. That is the email I use for all my correspondence including Virgin.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Superstar
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

What email client(s) are you using to access your emails on your computers?

Exactly what error messages are you getting on your computers when trying to access your emails?

Can you access your emails from your computers using webmail?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

0 Kudos
valisle
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am using Virgin Media Website to access my email.  I have a couple of other e mail addresses ending with .com and they are working ok.  However, the .net one is just not opening.  No error messages.  I checked the settings and have tried to update per the instructions on the website, but keep getting the message that it has failed.  "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them."

I don't know anything about Webmail

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Superstar
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Is your virgin.net email address still showing as part of your current VM broadband account? Check by logging into your My Virgin Media account and looking at the My Profile and Manage Accounts tabs.

(If you're logging into your emails using a browser rather than an email client then you are using webmail.)

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

0 Kudos
valisle
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No the .net address is not in the VM broadband account.

thank you re webmail.  

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Superstar
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

That's not a good sign.

I can only refer to the comment made by coenoby in post #3 where it was suggested that your virgin.net email account is in the process of being deleted. 

Hopefully you're lucky and a member of VM staff will see this thread and get involved, sooner rather than later.

If not, it's a call to the VM helpline (and a world of hurt) as only VM will be able to help you with this issue.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

valisle
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thank you anyway for your input. x

0 Kudos