Menu
pbk
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net Email Account Access Issues / Transfer

As of the past two weeks there has been an issue with accessing my virgin.net email address - webmail gives an error of:

"There seems to be a problem accessing your webmail at the moment. Try back in an hour..."

and access from other devices fails.

I am a current Virgin Media broadband subscriber and mailtester.net shows that the address is still valid.

I understand the email account needs to be linked to my VM Broadband account.

Please could a member of the forum team contact me to begin the process.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net Email Account Access Issues / Transfer

Hi pbk,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear there's an issue with your email account.

Can you please confirm if you've moved recently or if the email could be linked to a different account?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
pbk
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’ve been on Virgin Broadband via cable and monthly subscription for over ten years at this address and about five years previously on my late wife’s account and address. 

So so far as I know this isn’t linked to another account. 

Ive been using this e mail address for at least fifteen years before access abruptly was cut off on 11th July. 

This issue seems common with e addresses originating with virgin or it predecessors ntl. It was mentioned in a. Insurer help column in the Guardian newspaper last Saturday, 1st August. 

I merely want my e mails back!!

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information. 

Just to confirm when was the email address originally created?

^Martin

0 Kudos
pbk
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying, Martin. 

I can’t remember exactly when this was created, but it would have been around 2005/6 I think. Definitely been using it via a Virgin Media broadband connection in my name here since April 2010. 

Currently I have a landline/tv/broadband package with Virgin worth over £100/month. I really would appreciate my e mails back..!

Thank you

Peter

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, pbk

Unfortunately it is very likely to have been linked to an older account. If the  .net email address isn't attached to  a live account then it will get deleted. There may not be a way to retrieve these account once deleted. I can only apologise. I'll send you a PM to get your email address or previous account details to see if I can locate it.

Corey C

0 Kudos
pbk
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey

What do you define as a live account? I’m afraid I’m not sure of the terminology..

I have a package with virgin media since 2010 for broadband tv and phone services. I think we may have discussed changing to a virgin media e mail but the technician I spoke to TEN YEARS AGO arranged me to continue using this address

[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Im aware virgin attempted to transfer some customers on Virgin.net to talktalk but as I was already on broadband (it was dial up customers who were transferred) I knew nothing of it. 

This is not an isolated problem - it was featured in a national newspaper consumer help column two weeks ago. 

Best wishes Peter

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@pbk wrote:

xxxxx.xxxx@virgin.net

If you want to keep using that email account you had better edit it out of your post. (Click on 'Post options' and then 'Edit Post')

Scammers and spammers pick up on email addresses posted on open forums, often within minutes of them appearing. The chances are that address will soon be swamped with spam and scam emails and will not be worth keeping.😮

I have also flagged the Moderators to do the necessary if you do not.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The email is only live is connected to a paid for account

you said "I’ve been on Virgin Broadband via cable and monthly subscription for over ten years at this address and about five years previously on my late wife’s account and address. "

then said you have been using the email for 15 years.
So your account belonged to the old account of your late wife. Just using the account wouldn't keep it active and it should of been deleted 90 days after the account ended.

If this is the case chances are you won't be able to recovery this address.