cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin mobile no e-mail on mobile data

escargot
Tuning in

Since Thursday my Virgin Mobile SIM card on an iPhone 10 will not receive or send e-mails. It works when WiFi is on but not on Data roaming. What is the problem and how do I fix it please ?

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@escargot wrote:

What is the problem and how do I fix it please ?

I'm not an iPhone user but if I was the first thing I would do would be to check in the IOS settings on the phone to make sure that your email app is allowed to use cellular/mobile date. IOS allows you to specify for each app whether or not it can use mobile data. It sounds as if your email app has been set to only use wifi.

Check this link  https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone  and go to the bottom of the page to "Set whether cellular data is used for apps and services"to see how to do that.

If it's not that then I'm stumped I'm afraid.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @escargot, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear of the issues on the E-Mail account when using cellular data abroad.

Can you confirm, if when using our website for the E-Mail services, if this issue is still present?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David_bn. Thanks for your reply.

interestingly, when on a short business trip abroad and used data roaming, the problem didn’t appear.

Thanks for coming back to us @escargot, that is strange that email worked, whilst you were out of the country.

Is it a Virgin media email account that you're having issues with?

Regards,

Steven_L