Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media webmail server being identified as SPAM server

I'm trying to send emails from my webmail account to an email address hosted at easily.uk.

The mail bounces, because the mail server 212.54.57.96 is blocked due to Spam/Abuse. I got this response:

host mx1c51.megamailservers.eu [91.136.8.162]
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<xxxxxx>:
550 5.7.1 H:SC [212.54.57.97] Connection refused due to abuse. Please see http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml

So it appears the server is listed on spamcop as a spamming site. The server 212.54.57.97 is listed as a ZIGGO mail server - and I assume as Ziggo is part of Liberty group, this is a Virgin mail webmail server.

If I use a local email account - using smtp - the mail goes through OK

Can Virginmedia please get their servers removed from the spamlist as it's preventing my emails reaching their destination.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media webmail server being identified as SPAM server

Update: Someone else seems to have been having the same issue: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Spam-Cop/td-p/4336332

Looks like it may now have been removed from spammers list...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK - not cleared - as it looks like other VM/Ziggo webmail servers are on the spamcop list

- I've just received the error again, but this time for: 212.54.57.96

*sigh*

Just checked on spamcop, and this isn't listed either - maybe this will resolve overnight...

Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi seanbh, sorry to hear about the Spam server issues. Was it resolved since you last posted?

Please keep us updated or if you've done something and it works, please post it so it can help other members also

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos