cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media broadband blocking email accounts and some websites.

Kardo
Joining in

I had Virgin media installed two weeks ago and first week everything worked fine. After one week, I noticed that i'm not getting or not sending the emails from my diferent emai accounts while I am connected to the Virgin broaadband. Lucky enough I still kept previuos broadband provider too, so to receive and sendf emails I need to connect my gadgets to previuos provider. 

After hours and houirs talking to customer service ( after 40 minutes usually I'm getting cut off) , I am sort of giving up. 

Funny enough I cant even log in in to Virgin media account through Virgin broadband ( but I can through the other brioadband)- see screen shot below .

Any thoughts ?

Kardo_0-1656699086954.png

8 REPLIES 8

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Kardo,

Welcome to our Community.

Sorry though to hear you have been having a few issues with emails and websites.

Have you checked your online account to see if you have Websafe set up.

Please let me know if you are still having the same issue and I can take a look at this in a bit more depth.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

I have tried Websafe turn on andd off and it's still the same. 

Through VM broadband I cant even log in it to my VM account, so I have to switch to another broadband to do it. It looks like the router has blocking some websites and email accounts. 

Hi Kardo, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Can you try clearing the cache and cookies on your browser to see if this allows you to log in? 

When trying to send emails, what error messages are you getting?

Is it just the Virgin Media log in website you're having trouble with or do you have issues with our websites too?

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, Cache and history cleared. I am having problems with some  other websites too.  It looks like is blocking all outside UK servers. 

The emails just wouldnt send or receive, as it would not be connected to the internet.

This is what service I am getting from VM after speaking to 4 diferent people ( asking the same questions) for 88 minutes on VM customer care and then the call cut off with no one calling me back. 

Problem not solved, I was asking all of them to send me the engineer , but i didnt get positive answer.

Appalling service and I will be considering cancelingthe contract. 

Kardo_0-1657055810467.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kardo 

I can't see in the thread so far that anyone has asked if the email accounts that you are having issues with are VM email accounts or 3rd party ones?

The error message in your screen shot is often cleared by the methods already mentioned by the Forum Team.

As you have already followed the advice it does suggest that there may be a more fundamental issue with your My Virgin Media account.

I'm sure that the VM Forum Team will get back to this thread in the morning.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Kardo,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your email account and websites.

Is it an NTL / Virgin email address? (Don't post the full email) Or an external email account? What websites are you unable to access?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide