cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media Email keeps timing out

westacre
Tuning in

Hi, my email account keeps timing out, I've been timed out 6 times today,

I keep getting the following message with a large exclamation mark in the middle.

I am a light user so this is very annoying, sometimes I have to turn the computer off before

I can get to my mail page.

I have had this message appear for over 6 months.

Thank you for any assistance.

2021-09-02 (2).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi westacre

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to see this. Is this happening with client as well as webmail?

It maybe you need to update the settings as well - these can be found here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi westacre

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to see this. Is this happening with client as well as webmail?

It maybe you need to update the settings as well - these can be found here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,
thanks for the info, that seems to have cleared that problem up.
Cheers.

Thanks for coming back to us @westacre and I'm glad that the info from 

John_GS was helpful in getting you back working as normal.

Regards,

Steven_L

please pardon my ignorance John but where on this link does it tell me how to update my settings... I can't find it? The timing out message I am getting is to reload the page every time, if that helps.

Hi there @BEF

My colleague had linked the page in one their previous posts above, I will link it again for you here. 

If you click the hyper link it should open the page with the information for you. 

Thank you. 

Hi again, I still can't find anything in the link provided relating to connection timed out. Please see attached screenshot below. Many thanksConnection timed out.png

Good Afternoon @BEF, can you please confirm if the error message your getting is restricted to your browser, or does this happen when using a third party application?

If this via a browser, can you please try clearing the cache on the browser you're using, or attempting an alternative browser?

If you are using an application, please advise what application you're using.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,  Thank you for your help. I have tried using Google Chrome as well as my usual Safari, and sure enough the Safari timed out after a while but Chrome didn't? I can't say that I would be happy using Chrome. I have only ever used Safari. Is there another way to get my emails back to normal without changing?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If it works on one browser and not on another - we would link that to being a browser issue in which you are using. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.