cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin has deleted my blueyonder account and is no longer accessible

paulthatcher
Joining in

Hello,

Today Virgin have unilaterally deleted my blueyonder account that I have had for over 25 years and is no longer accessible, the tech dept tell me that as it's wasn't linked to a virgin media account it has disappeared, is there any way of recovering it as when I try to change the principal e mail address on various accounts (linkedin for instance) it sends a verification code to the registered e mail (blueyonder) which I can no longer access.

All help gratefully received.

Regards

Paul

4 REPLIES 4

paulthatcher
Joining in

Can anybody help me Virgin Media deleted my blueyonder account and can't seem to restore it.

Please help

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have moved your post - see this

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Importantly, are you a current VM broadband customer, if you are, then have you always been since first setting up the email address, any break, change of address?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Under their own T and C's, VM should have closed accounts like this after 90 days. 

In many cases they have not done so.  That does allow you to have a free email service, but it also allows you to build up a history linked to that email which can be a great loss when they finally close it.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.