Menu
mrnudge77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin email account does not work

My Virgin email account hasn't worked in almost the entire time i have had Virgin. the standard "please check again in an hour" isn't cute anymore when it has been several years!

Is this likely to be fixed before the dinosaurs once again roam the earth?

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin email account does not work

@mrnudge77 wrote:

Is this likely to be fixed before the dinosaurs once again roam the earth?

The message "Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour....." usually means that the mailbox is locked and needs to be re-enabled.

Despite the wording of the message, VM don't appear to be proactive when it comes to re-enabling accounts, they wait for you to ask for it to be unlocked. I'm not saying that's how it should be, just that's how it is. 😉

So, in answer to your question, now that you are here the problem should be resolved fairly quickly. The VM Forum Team will pick up this thread within 24 hours and contact you via the forum to get your details by private message. They will then arrange for the account to be unlocked. In the meantime don't post your email address or other details on the forum.

If you had continued to leave it, then you might eventually have seen Triceratops and Velociraptors roaming the Earth but still be locked out of your account. 😮

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
mrnudge77
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Coenoby, much appreciated. As much as the thought of riding a velociraptor through Asda appeals, I'd like to be able to delete the mountain of email that is no doubt piling up in this particular account. Hopefully, you're right and I can finally put this to bed.

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Mrnudge77 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you can see your email address when you log into your My Virgin Media online account and go to the Mailbox section? This will list if the email is active or locked and may help you reset the password if this is needed. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
mrnudge77
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily.

In my profile/manage accounts section the email address is listed. when going to the email app however I get the message "mailbox unavailable". there is no option that I can see to reset a password.

Steve

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, Mrnugde77, 

Thanks for getting back to us, I will pop you over a private message asking for details so we can get an I.T ticket raised to get your mailbox enabled. Keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos