cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Ntlworld Email may have been hacked

adam24
Joining in

Hello

Is there any way of contacting Virgin to get them to check my email account. I think I may have been hacked as I have been getting numerous odd emails regarding log in pass numbers to accounts that I don't even belong to eg Instagram. I have also found a sent message in my sent file with an attachment of someone's photographic driving licence as if sent by me. When I access my mail account via the web, it also shows another person's account with their emails one of which talks abut them thinking they may have been hacked! My mail lists on both my computer and my phone do not show this extra account info.

I can not find anything online where I can report this to Virgin or speak to someone about looking into my email account.

Can anybody help please?

4 REPLIES 4

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello adam24

Sorry to hear of the confusion caused by the recent emails received, we understand the concern this can cause and appreciate you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

There is help here for instance like this and things you can do to check, the emails received may be due to a typo by someone with a similar email address to yourself but the one in the sent folder is a red flag. To be safe we'd always recommend resetting the password for the email account. To do this:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Also change any password where this email is used as a login for specific accounts ie Facebook, Online banking etc

Rob

Hello Robert

I have already changed my passwords and done as much as I can but I am still concerned. I've contacted Virgin Media by phone and explained that I have the details of the ntlworld account that was listed under my account details. It is nothing like my email address. The lady I spoke to was going to pass all information on to the technical team.

How could another person's ntlworld account be listed under my account and for me to be able to view their emails? Is there any possibility that my email account could be listed under another person's virgin media account and for them to view my emails?

I look forward to hearing from you.

AG

In this case, I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No problem at all @adam24 

Please let us know if you see any further activity and we will do our best to help from here.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs