cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.Net email

Meteorman
Joining in

My Virgin.Net email stopped working this week. It is tied to an old account at our old house. We are still with Virginmedia and I would like to  know how to attach it to our current account at our current house.

4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Meteorman,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thanks for your first post and sorry to hear that you're having some issues with accessing your mailbox after moving and having a new account set up.

When did you have a new account set up where that email wasn't connected? 

Have you tried adding the email to your current account? You can read more about this process on our How To Manage My Email Account page. Please take a look and let us know how you get on. We'll be happy to help further if needed. 😊 

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

We moved three years ago and left the old Virgin.net email on the old account. It worked fine until Tuesday morning when I stopped being able to log into it anymore. We started a new Virginmedia account at our new address before we moved and started a new virginmedia.com email. 

I have tried adding the old Virgin.net account but if I try one way it sends an invite which no one can reply to. I have tried adding an email account whilst looking at my current account Inbox emails which interestingly enough tells me the password is wrong even though I am using the old password.

I have tried to log into just my virgin.net email account and get 

'Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable'

So I am still stuck

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Meteorman It isn't possible to add an email address from a previous account to your current account.  This might have been possible at the time you moved via a process called 'Move and transfer' but that is unlikely to be available three years on, especially as the account has been locked.  This may mean that it is in the process of being deleted by VM as should have happened 90 days after the old account was closed.

@Paulina_Z should be able to check the actual status of the old virgin.net email address for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Meteorman,

Thanks for coming back to us about this. Thank you to @Graham_A for providing some additional information about this issue. I'll be happy to check the status of your email and see how I can help further.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs