cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Net address has disappeared after 20 years

JWalters
Tuning in

Hi Virgin Media, can you tell me the precise steps to rescue my virgin net email address, which I have had since the late '90s. It's disappeared and in its place I just have a screen telling me to wait an hour. It's been three days...

I gather I might need to sign up for a service, and that's fine. 

The bottom line: I need precise steps to rescue and restore my virgin net email.

Kind Regards

Jeremy

39 REPLIES 39

Hello,

I, too, am in the same boat as a lot of existing virgin.net users in that my account suddenly ceased at the beginning of September. I can see that the only way forward is for me to create a new account with another supplier (not virgin.media, unfortunately, as they are not available where I live).

What I would like, though, is to know if there is a way to access my account for one last time to see what emails I have received since September 1st, reply to them and then close the account accordingly. I receive a fair number of business emails so any help will be gratefully received.

Thank you.

Andy

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Andy_Dan57,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're been experiencing some ongoing email issues recently. I understand how frustrating this can be.

I would be more than happy to help you look into this. In order to do so, I will send you a Private Message. Just click on the purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page and I will be able to assist further.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

I'm in the same situation 

Please,  please help me as my virgin.net email is locked since 25th September. 

I only use this email despite having Gmail.

Regards, 

Nik

What I would say Nik is this:

1. I found the Virgin Media team to be really responsive, quick and helpful.

2. I was initially told definitively, that my email account has been closed and 'bon voyage'.

3. I was contacted a week later by a different person saying that they had resurrected my email account and that I should go in, save my contacts, save the important emails, etc. This was true.

Moral of the story: if you are told your email account has been closed down and is 'irretrievable', take heed of my experience.

Hope that helps.

J

Thanks J

I was on call with Virgjnmedia for over 45 mins last week and was told they couldn't do anything. 

All I need is access so I can set up a rule to forward my emails to my Gmail account,

Send a message to Kath_F (part of Virgin Media) on the community message board as she sorted me out.

Your experience echoes mine.

J

Thank you J. Just messaged Kath_F

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ah thanks for the update @JWalters

Glad to hear Kath was able to help you get this sorted. 

Any further issues, please just pop another post on this thread and we'll assist. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

Please can your help, I've still no access to my virgin.net email 

Regards, 

Nik

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Niksach

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing issues with your email account being locked. 

Have you managed to get this resolved? 

If not, please let us know and we'll happily assist.

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide