Menu
bikerwales
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media won't receive email from my new business account

I have set up a new business email extrenal to virgin media but when I send an email from it to my virgin media email it will not receive it and doesn't even go into spam. I have checked blacklist sites and all the test sites like 

https://mxtoolbox.com/

DKIMValidator.com

and none of them can find a problem with my new email address

My emails go fine to EVERY OTHER PROVIDER

Tried to phone for help but given up the will to live

I am assuming Virginmedia have blocked the address but have no idea why or how to change that or why this has happened. As many of  my potential customers will have Virgin Media so much for that working!!

Any ideas please?

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media won't receive email from my new business account

Hello bikerwales

Sorry to hear of the email issues experienced but we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forum, apologies for the delays in getting back to you.

Is this something you still require assistance with? If so, could you please confirm the domain the new email was set up with (ie hotmail.com or gmail.com) and any error messages you may receive when trying to send them?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
bikerwales
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob

Thanks for the reply to the post I made over a week ago. I know how busy everyone is but I neeeded to solve this quickly as this was a new business already advertising.

I spent several hours going through the 'help' chain on line and the phone and the cherry on the cake was that when I finally got escalated through the hierarchy to the 'gadget line ' (which was only one tier below the level I needed) the line cut off just after the technician asked me to provide me with an alternative number ( which I was in the process of giving him) in case I got cut off (you can't makes this stuff up!!).

A complaint email to the head of Custimer service has still not produce a response, and still awaiting a repsonse from another Complaint about service being cut off or below par in November.

After many hours working through my mail setup (which was workingnwith all other providers aparyt from Virgin Media with a really helpful and knowledgeable techincian at Tagadab (my cloud hosting provider) we went through all the DMARC DKIM setting etc and eventually soved it by changing the mailserver name.

Tagadab help:11/10

Virigin Media:0/10

Not just on this but several other occasions over the last 6 months by the way

I know this is not your fault Rob and you're trying to help, but Virgin Media's technical support has been well below the standard I expect or receive from any other provider or company i work with and has cut me dearly in noth time and money.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me bikerwales, on one hand I'm really glad to hear this has been resolved, but really disappointed at the same time as to how long and how difficult it was for you to get the help you needed, which in the end was from a different company.

In regards to the complaints, have you received any acknowledgements or correspondence with a complaint reference at all? Complaints can take up to 28 days to be fully investigated and an offer of resolution made, given one was raised back in November I'm eager to see what has happened and why you haven't had any response.

Can you confirm how this complaint was raised?

Rob

0 Kudos
bikerwales
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rob

My complaint was sent by the web complaint form on the 5th December 2020 regarding serious outages during the previous 2  weeks at crucial times

I have had no acknowledgement nor reply to that, nor a reply to my email to the head of customer services a week ago regarding the current issue.

If you want me to mail you a copy of the content of both (as you probably won't want them publically broadcast here) please pm me on here.

I think my biggest frusration is that the early tiers of the telephone help hierarchy are understandably unable to deal with what I know are complex queres but at eacher tier even though I explain the problem in detail to the person who answers they then tell me they can't deal with it, I then have to wait in an other queue to go through the same process over and over again for seeral hours (usually getting cut off at some time in the process and having to start again) and at the end of this even when I eventually get to a more experieced tecchie in 50% of case they can't solve it anyway!!

Surely Virgin Media could have a more efficent and effective triage and technical support system than this as this system is wasting vast amounts of VM staff time as well.

Stuart

0 Kudos
bikerwales
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Update

Since posting the above repy I have now had a very detailed and helpful response from customer support which has resolved my issues and my complaint. Many thanks and much appreciated!

Stuart

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello bikerwales, 

Our apologies for the delay in response from the Forum team. 

We are very happy to hear this issue has not been resolved and you are happy with the outcome. 

Thank you for your time and patience and please do not hesitate to get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Take care

Nat
0 Kudos