cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media mail password changes

Joestokie
Joining in

Accessed my Virgin Media account, didn't recognise me as primary account holder. Managed to get that changed but still no access to profile option,  new " manage accounts" doesnt allow you to edit ( change passwords) just to delete them, 3 people and 2 hours on the phone and no further forward . Was promised the usual " will get someone to phone you back" not holding my breath, hell with probably freeze first.

Does anyone know how to change @virginmedia.com passwords in a different way please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Joestokie wrote:

Does anyone know how to change @virginmedia.com passwords in a different way please?

It seems that Virgin Media have decided that the only way to reset / change the password on secondary email accounts is to use this link https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password 

Ignore the instruction to enter your "My Virgin Media" account address and simply enter the address of the email account you wish to reset.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Joestokie wrote:

It seems that Virgin Media have decided that the only way to reset / change the password on secondary email accounts is to use this link https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password 

Ignore the instruction to enter your "My Virgin Media" account address and simply enter the address of the email account you wish to reset.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

many thanks it works, the only proviso is that you have to gave access to the email concerned. 

Clearly that is what you would expect except when you have forgotten the password and setting up an email client

Best to migrate away from Virgin Media email as they seem not to have updated staff and have sold the email to talkralk. Plenty of free options available

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Joestokie wrote:

Best to migrate away from Virgin Media email

Personally, I agree with that. I have been with VM and its predecessors for years but have never used their email service as my main email account.

and have sold the email to talkralk.

That is incorrect but sadly a line that VM customer services often use to fob  off virgin.net email account holders..

Virgin sold their ADSL Broadband service to TalkTalk in 2014  but Virgin Media kept the Virgin.net email addresses in house. VM still support the virgin.net, ntlworld.com and blueyonder.co.uk legacy domains along with virginmedia.com.

The only proviso is that you have to have a Virgin Media broadband account to ensure continued usage of the email account. If you do not have one then your VM email account (no matter which domain name) could be deleted at anytime 90 days after the broadband account is closed.

Coenoby

Thanks for the update,  I have gradually migrated to both gmail and outlook to avoid single points of failure in future  

Only sticking with VM broadband because of its speedy fibre broadband and no sensible alternative

You've been a big help many thanks

Joe

Hello Joestokie, thank you for letting us know this.

I am so happy to see the community members have given you some wonderful advice.

Please do reach out if you ever need anything or if you still need help. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?