Menu
flitefloor
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media email is locked messages

I've been getting regular texts from virgin media for more than a year telling me that they've "been alerted your virgin media account may have been used to send Spam. Your accounts been locked." Then there are instructions as to how to reset my password. The first time I got this I changed the password on my main account and the two other email accounts. I have had dozens of messages since and I did ring to try and sort it out about a year ago and got nowhere because I was asked to name any email addresses that I had set up to see if it matched the account that VM think is compromised. Really frustrating as I only use 3 email addresses and anything else is not showing on my account. I'm still continuing to get these messages but none of the accounts that I use are locked.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media email is locked messages

Hi flitefloor

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I've checked the systems today and can see we've sent letters to you regarding this. 

Have you followed the steps on the letter?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
flitefloor
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, I don't think I've received any letters, just texts. Are you able to send me the letter by email or direct message?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. 

We did send one on the 19th, so you should receive it soon.

I'd advise to perform malware scans on all devices and change passwords to a unique never used before one.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
flitefloor
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ok, nothing has flagged as a problem so far and we don't have that many devices. The post has been particularly slow at the moment. I'll change the passwords but that didn't change anything in the past. The explanation given to me in the past by Virgin was that this may relate to an unused and forgotten email account, but no solution was offered. We only use three email addresses on our account and I only see when three when I am in the managing account section.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can you log into each email account?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
flitefloor
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, we've never not been able to do that. I've just changed the password on the email account that I use but I've just logged into the other two accounts too with no problems.

0 Kudos
flitefloor
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No letter has been received still. I have changed the password on my main account and the two subsidiary accounts. None of the accounts were locked, none were auto-forwarding emails, no viruses or malware were detected on the devices, although there is still one phone to check. If this isn't going to stop me getting the texts, what will? 

0 Kudos
flitefloor
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Still no letter received from Virgin so I'm now assuming no letter has been sent. However I followed all the instruction in the text. I had no locked email accounts and no viruses/malware on any device that we use. I'm still receiving the texts though. The last time I rang Virgin about this was a complete waste of my time. Asking for help on this forum hasn't resolved it either. Looks like changing my provider after 19 years is the only option I have if I can't trust these warning messages. 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi flitefloor, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service. Can you try resetting the password to see if anything changes with this? If you are still having issues following this then please let us know ^Chris

0 Kudos