Menu
SarahRogers
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media closed my email account with no warning

I know this has been discussed before, but Virgin Media suddenly closed my 20 years plus email account with no warning!

It is the only service I have, which I believe is the issue.  

Several calls and various passing through to departments have not helped.  Someone did say they would raise a 'ticket' and I would get a call over the weekend, but nothing.

Can anyone help please?

I just need access again to transfer key emails to my new account.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media closed my email account with no warning

Webmail access is usually first to go when an "orphaned" email address is being closed but access through a client usually lasts a little longer. You will have to be quick though. Virgin Media will not help you to regain access if you are not a current VM broadband customer.

First check and confirm your email address is still active by going to https://email-checker.net/

If it is still active set up an email client (Thunderbird for example - other clients are available), see here for settings: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-use-email-with-mail-clients and download all your emails so they are held locally.

NOTE: POP access will only download emails held in your INBOX, IMAP will give access to all folders you set to synchronise.

Set up an ISP independent email address (such as Gmail - others are available) and transfer all your usage to that.

Time is of the essence so do something now!

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
SarahRogers
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  I did the email check and it wasn't recognised and marked 'BAD' Hilarious!  

I have used this account daily for 20 odd years!

If they contacted me, I don't recall and may have thought the email was spam.  

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post SarahRogers,

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos