Menu
MaDaSp
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media account password not working

My Virgin Media account password has stopped working so I can no longer login to My Virgin Media or my email account. I've tried using the "Forgotten your password" option but when I enter all the security information I know is correct it's telling me it's not. When I then try the "Forgot the answer to your security question" option then enter the correct account details and bill details it tells me they are wrong again.

Could you advise me what to do now?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media account password not working

It has been reported that sometimes entering the security answers in all Upper Case characters has worked.

The fact that you have mentioned billing details not being recognised suggests you are still a Virgin media broadband customer but the email account concerned is not linked to your current account.

Have you perhaps moved house since having that email address or otherwise changed the account holder details?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

MaDaSp
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Entering my security answer in uppercase has allowed me to reset my password and I am now able to log in to My Virgin Media but still can’t access my email. It says “Your mailbox isn’t available at the moment. Please retry in an hour...” so I’ll leave it for now and try it again in the morning.

Thank you for the advice Graham.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good to read some progress.  The Forum Team will need to know if the email account concerned is correctly linked to your current VM broadband account.

They may be able to get the mailbox unlocked for you.  They will contact you via this forum in the next 24 hours or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MaDaSp
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well I tried again this morning and am still unable to access my emails. This is my account's primary email address but I also discovered this morning that my three additional email addresses aren't working either, they are all saying password is incorrect. As an experiment I changed the password on one of them and was able to log in but get the same message as I do with the primary account “Your mailbox isn’t available at the moment. Please retry in an hour...”.

I guess all I can do now is wait for the Forum Team to get in touch with me.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning MaDaSp,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums 

We're terribly sorry to see you've been having issues with your E-Mail accounts.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

MaDaSp
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's been nearly a week now and I am still unable to access my email accounts, primary and additional.

On Saturday David_Bn (Forum Team) told me that a note (REFERENCE: F008097842) was left on my account to say that my email account had been locked due to supspicious activity. He asked me to scan all devices that access email, which I did and found all were clean. He then raised a ticket with the IT Team regarding getting my accounts unlocked. I've since heard nothing so messaged David_Bn on Monday and he hadn't either. However he is now away until Monday 15 June so I haven't been able to contact him since for updates.

My whole family being without email access is becoming very problematic so wondered if another Forum Team member could please look in to this for me in David_Bn's absense?

Thank you.

Lisa_CC
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi MaDaSp, sorry to hear that you're still having problems accessing your account. I've looked at the ticket and it's still open. It can them them up to 10 days to get back to us. The advice given by the system for the internet security unlock states to fill out a form also. I'm unsure whether this was done by David but I've done this for you just in case.

I'm sorry for the time it's taking but please give it a few more days and get back to us if you still can't get in.

Thanks,

Lisa

MaDaSp
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for looking and resubmitting the form Lisa.

I guess all I can do is wait a bit longer then. 😒

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey @MaDaSp,

Can you try accessing your account for me to see if it lets you back in?

Thanks,

Lisa