cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Email locked. Any ideas

coney1982
Joining in

Hello! 
I’ve a virgin media.com email address and everything was working fine last night. 
This morning the dreaded iPhone error came up saying I can’t access emails. I reset the phone and tried to login via the Virgin Email app. It’s now telling me that my email is locked and I need to change the password and follow the steps provided on the screen. The problem is there is no ‘manage’ step when you try and do this! Anyone else had this issue? 

8 REPLIES 8

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi coney1982

I am sorry to hear the email account has been locked. 

Please follow the blow steps and let us know how you get on.

Step 1.
Go to My Virgin Media : to create a new password for your My Virgin Media account. We need you to create a new password for this account as there may have been a security breach.

• Select Sign In
  • Select Forgotten your email or password? under the password box
  • Follow the instructions to change your password

Step 2.
Next, we need you to generate a new password to be used specifically for signing in to third-party mailbox apps (like Outlook or Gmail) to access your Virgin Media Mail emails. Even if you don’t use these apps to access your emails now, we still need you to reset the password anyway to fully secure your account.

1. Sign In to My Virgin Media
    a. Go to Account settings, then Account details
    b. Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
    c. Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  2. Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated for you
  3. Update any third-party apps that you use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password

Please note that as this password is separate from your sign in details for My Virgin Media (or any Virgin Media apps) this won’t affect your My Virgin Media password. So, if you check your Virgin Media Mail emails through My Virgin Media or at mail.virginmedia.com, you'll still only need your My Virgin Media password.

Step 3.
Once your password's reset, make sure your emails are not being forwarded without your knowledge.

• Go to mail.virginmedia.com
  • Sign in with your username and password
  • Click on Menu (top right) and then, Settings
  • Expand the Email option
  • Select Auto Forward

Please pop back to us when you can, 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

IMG_3422.png

There is no manage mail icon once you press account details. I did this over the phone 3 to 4 times with an advisor. Still don’t have any email yet.  

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@coney1982 After you press on Account Details in your screenshot it should take you to another page with a series of sections.  The bottom on beneath Telephone Security Details should be Virgin Media Mail.  Sometimes you need to refresh the page several times to get this section to appear.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I’ve tried that numerous times and it’s still not working. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@coney1982 wrote:

I’ve tried that numerous times and it’s still not working. 

What happens if you try this link: Virgin Media Mail settings | Virgin Media

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

IMG_3570.png

This happens.

Received a call from Virgin yesterday telling me that it’s been resolved and my query is being closed.  Still can’t get email!  

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @coney1982 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your Virgin email

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you.