cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Email hacked

timbeck
Joining in

Good morning,

My @virginmedia.com email address has been hacked overnight and they've changed all my password, recovery details etc

Can someone please help me recover it or close it down?

Many thanks

Tim

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @timbeck 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of the email issue. Have you checked this help page which should assist you in sorting it out?

If so and still not sorted, let us know and we can assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Many thanks for the link. Unfortunately the hackers have kicked me out of the account and removed all the recovery methods. Is there a way we can get the accoun t frozen while its recovered?

Many thanks

Tim

Hi @timbeck 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I'll send you a PM to assist further. If the email isn't listed on an active email, all we'll be able to do potentially is request IT delete it.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM @timbeck and providing me the details to sort this. Just to confirm for the thread, it's been raised with IT for deletion.

If you do need further assistance moving forward, please don't hesitate to contact us via the Forums.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team