cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media App change password - email link expired. Can't reset

MarshallL1
Joining in

I'm having error messages trying to link my virgin.net account to Gmail on a new mobile phone( previously worked fine). After searching help, I tried to change my Virgin Media App password as I can't remember an earlier password. I was sent an email link to change my email address ( not sure why) but the link has now expired. When i go to ' change the app password' screen it says...

You've recently requested to change the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media. Please check your emails and verify this change before making further account changes. 

I  am a current VM broadband customer but have had periods where I was using the virgin.net email (  been using my virgin.net account over 20 years in total) where I was not a customer. 

1. Am I correct that I need to try and change the Virgin Media App password to try adding it to my Gmail account?
2. How do I do that when the link on to change password gives me the above error message
3. Do I need to check that my virgin.net account is linked to our current address/account?
4. the Gmail app only asks for ' server name' I have tried the imap address and tried using virgin.net under Pop3 but now at a loss as it still comes up with password error
Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

withnail69
Dialled in

Ignore the above ^^^ It doesn't work. I am locked out of my blueyonder email account and can't access myvirginmedia either. It told me to change the email address I use to log into virginmedia (Seemed extreme but I did it). I then tried to set a password on the new email entered.. But all I get is this. This ISN'T the email account I am trying to reset the password on. I think there is a much bigger unacknowledged problem hereScreenshot 2023-08-29 at 10.09.04.jpg

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

MarshallL1
Joining in

I should add I can log into my Virgin.net on webmail

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey MarshallL1,

Please can you try to do the following to change your app password. 

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
• Go to Account settings, then Account details
• Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
• Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
• Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
• Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

withnail69
Dialled in

Ignore the above ^^^ It doesn't work. I am locked out of my blueyonder email account and can't access myvirginmedia either. It told me to change the email address I use to log into virginmedia (Seemed extreme but I did it). I then tried to set a password on the new email entered.. But all I get is this. This ISN'T the email account I am trying to reset the password on. I think there is a much bigger unacknowledged problem hereScreenshot 2023-08-29 at 10.09.04.jpg

withnail69
Dialled in

edited to remove error

Unfortunately I have tried to do this already several times. each time I follow the flow it pops up that I need to confirm my email using the link sent to my alternative email address but the point is the link has expired when I try to click on the link in the alternative email. This is what I need unlocked so I can confirm my alternative email to generate an app password which will hopefully allow me to set up the account on my gmail app. I can still access my virgin.net via my PC. Any other ideas ? Thanks!