Menu
AliasDavy1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mailbox Unavailable for 2 weeks now

Hi- I have had to sign up here as on 28th of March I got the following message when trying to log into my Virgin email account- "Sorry! Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices. If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 ..."

I have phoned support 5 times now about this, first time I was told a ticket was raised and someone would phone within 5 day. This never happened, so I phoned back and was told someone would phone within 2 days. This never happened, so I tried phoning again this morning only to be cut off twice. I have changed password, and had the password changed for me by a team member about 4 times now, over the 5 (so far) calls, and have had no access to my work or family for nearly 2 weeks now. Doing a search I noticed this forum, and that a few people had mentioned having the same problem, so I've signed up in the hope someone can help me get this sorted.

Thanks

Davy

Tags (1)
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mailbox Unavailable for 2 weeks now

Afternoon @AliasDavy1

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've had some issues with your email recently.  When an IT ticket is raised, our usual response time is around 5 working days - sorry that you did not get a callback about this. 

Have you checked your emails since the IT ticket was raised? 

I've not been able to locate your account from your forum information so in order to check your account I'll need to pop you a quick Private Message so we can take some information from you and go through security. 

Please look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AliasDavy1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update-

OK, so I've given details as requested in above PM, still awaiting this to be sorted. In the meantime, today I 

received a letter from VM (dated 1/4/21, received today 12/4/21) which says an, "automatic forwarding

rule has been set up on this email account" This means a 3rd party has been given access to my emails,

so VM has "temporarily locked the mailbox". I (again) went through the "How I Can Fix The Problem" advice,

and reset my email password. Guess what- still getting same message as original post, still unable to access

my emails. 

D

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update @AliasDavy1

I've responded to your PM so we can look into this and get the issue resolved. 

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience 🙂 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AliasDavy1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, have replied with answers

D

0 Kudos
AliasDavy1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As I have just replied in PM, I seriously cannot see what is holding this up, Virgin have been aware of the problem since at least the 1st April (when the letter they sent about it is dated), and as Virgin themselves "as a security precaution ...have temporarily locked the mailbox", causing this ongoing problem you would think it would be simple for them to rectify it? As it stands I am under pressure from my work about this, have had no contact with family members, unable to access gaming accounts and if it carries on further will be unable to check my wage slip when it is issued, the whole thing has been a heartache I don't need and I am now seriously considering  changing broadband/TV/phone provider.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am so sorry to see this is on going @AliasDavy1 I understand how frustrating it can be when a resolution hasn't be found! 

I can see that my colleague is attempting to get this resolved for you via your PM's if you keep an eye on your messages they will do all they can to help! Thank you.

Ash_C
Forum Team

0 Kudos
AliasDavy1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any news?

D

0 Kudos