VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin IP 80.0.253.73 blocked?

People are Kudo'ing you Slating me...

/Cries

/GoesSitsinCorner

I try to view things from a more logical approach.

That the web front end was moved from google (so I thought they would host the web portal and still send via same path).  And I made the assumption also that a "block" against a domain that has a listed mail server, would thus block (eventually) all listed mail servers.

Regardless, I find it odd that their "learning" tools are marking Virgin as spammy. 

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin IP 80.0.253.73 blocked?

Logic be damned - lol

Actually a logical approach can be good, provided it's tempered with a bit of knowledge. 😉 

I effectively taught myself a lot of how VM's system was set up by sending emails to myself via webmail and email client and reading the headers.  I always wanted to make sure that when I give information - I give the best I can.  Along the way I learned some things too.

How polite Virgin Media's SMTP relays are:

220 know-smtprelay-5-imp cmsmtp ESMTP server ready
ehlo deaktop
250-know-smtprelay-5-imp hello [81.153.xxx.xxx], pleased to meet you

And a fun quote you get from Gmail's IMAP servers if you log out without actually logging into an account.

* OK Gimap ready for requests from 2a00:23c5:xxxx:xxxx:79ce:4648:7998:417 j6mb812010687wru
a1 logout
* BYE Logout Requested j6mb812010687wru
a1 OK Quoth the raven, nevermore... j6mb812010687wru

Admittedly you don't have to go into the details I did - after all for most common queries you don't need to know the in depth stuff, and you're here to help in your own time, and it is appreciated, believe me, but always be wary of making assumptions.  Sometimes they come back to bite you.

I'll finish by getting back on topic and saying that I double checked the blacklisting - it was still showing as blacklisted last night on MXToolbox - however when I checked this morning 80.0.253.73 is no longer blacklisted.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos