cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Email

andywright1968
Tuning in

Is there a plan to stop Virgin email? Can no longer change passwords or security  without changing your login email to another email account. Only way now is to call customer services and tell them a new password which they input which sounds a bit dodgy in my eyes? Wold be good to be told their plan as have lots of tuff linked to my virgin email account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andywright1968 

I am not a Virgin Media staff member but for what's worth:

"Can no longer change passwords or security  without changing your login email to another email account."

Just to clarify, that just means that you have to use a non VM email address to sign into your VM account. It's not saying you have to change the VM email account itself.

VM say they are doing that to improve the security on their email accounts.

"Is there a plan to stop Virgin email? "

Well, VM stopped issuing new email accounts in May 2022. Since then new VM broadband customers have to use their existing non VM email accounts and existing VM customers can no longer create additional new VM email accounts.

The official line is that VM continues to support the VM email accounts of existing VM broadband customers. However, the fact they no longer provide email accounts to new customers suggests to me that the provision of an email service is not a key pert of their business plan going forward.

I hope that's useful background,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @andywright1968 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your email

There is currently no plan to terminate email services whatsoever. Have you managed to resolve the current issue with the team or do you still require assistance?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andywright1968 

I am not a Virgin Media staff member but for what's worth:

"Can no longer change passwords or security  without changing your login email to another email account."

Just to clarify, that just means that you have to use a non VM email address to sign into your VM account. It's not saying you have to change the VM email account itself.

VM say they are doing that to improve the security on their email accounts.

"Is there a plan to stop Virgin email? "

Well, VM stopped issuing new email accounts in May 2022. Since then new VM broadband customers have to use their existing non VM email accounts and existing VM customers can no longer create additional new VM email accounts.

The official line is that VM continues to support the VM email accounts of existing VM broadband customers. However, the fact they no longer provide email accounts to new customers suggests to me that the provision of an email service is not a key pert of their business plan going forward.

I hope that's useful background,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Have resolved the issue with other email account via calling customer services but not ideal giving password over the phone. Luckily I don’t need to change main account password at moment so have left alone.