Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Email Account

Hi
I will be moving home and leaving Virgin as I am moving to Cornwall and you do not have any service down there Boo Hoo. My Email is a blueyonder account as is my Sons, He is also a customer of yours in his house. Can I transfer his Email account to His Virgin account please?
Regards
Russ

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Email Account

Simply put - no you can't because you would have to replace his e-mail address with yours and your details would become his log-in details and he would lose his address and all the contents of that address on VM's servers. He won't want that. 

The only thing you can do and you had better do it now is to open an e-mail account with one of the free mail providers that are not linked to an ISP (like GMail or Outlook.com). You have plenty of time to transfer your contacts and operate the accounts in parallel until VM disconnect your e-mail 90 days after you leave them.  That way you'll never have this issue arise again if you change ISPs again. 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped