Menu
ericg21
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Addresses

My main address is myname@ntlworld.com, but this has become corrupted within the community help forum( but it works perfectly well as my primary email address)  Is it possible re establish this address within the community so as not having responses through the forum come to a different address.(The one I am having to use since using my main address is impossible to use) The difficulty seemed to start  when I somehow managed to get myname@nt    as a valid but useless address and my attempts to re-establish matters has caused confusion with email addresses, use names and passwords being already in use elsewhere (but probably by me)

So, for simplicity's sake, is it possible to link myname@ntlworld.com to a valid working user name and password which I can use to access the forum, rather than as now having to have a separate email address solely for the forum

Help please

ericg21

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Addresses

Hello

You can do that yourself in the forum by going too https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Provided I have understood your post correctly you can do what you want via the edit profile pages: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
ericg21
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Graham, but this site seems to want to change my email address.. As I said I do not want to change this working address, but merely my details within the Help and support Forum that is my user name and password.

Can I ask a second question. As I am using two email addresses, one a ntlworld and one a virgin media, I find it difficult to go to the one I want, and get there by stumbling and trying things. Is there a simple way to choose which one to access

ericg21

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The link I provided allows you to change the contact email address that this Help and Support Community uses. This has to be an email account you already have access to, it does not create a new address.  You can also change the password for this site from that section.

If you want to change the forum username that can only be done by the Moderators for you.

For your second question, the simplest way is to log out of webmail completely and then sign in again using the other email and password combination using the direct url https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Before we go any further I see that you have opened a duplicate account. You are now ericg21 (formerly ericg) which I also presume is your VM username for your e-mail account and for your log in to My Virginmedia.  First of all opening duplicate accounts is expressly forbidden by the Forum rules.  You may want a new user name but as Graham_A has explained the Mods can change it for you. I am going to ask the Mods to deal with this breach of the rules. @ModTeam 

You have also done something very dangerous for your e-mail security and the overall security of your Virgin Media account in general. You have give enough clues on this forum for me and others to guess your e-mail address and be reasonably confident that we are right.  I bet your password is a complete doddle to guess as well. Think about it. 

All of what you wanted to achieved could have been done much more easily, if not necessarily for your security and safety.. The Forum and Virgin Media operate on completely different IT platforms and do not have an integrated  single sign on system. This is done deliberately to ensure security for users here as so as not mean that any breach of one system gives access to a potential breach of the other. This is particularly relevant as this is public forum which can be read and searched by anyone in the world.  I enquired about this when I first became active on the Forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

ericg21
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HowardML, anything I have done which you disapprove of has been done in ignorance, and trying to escape from difficulties of trying to sign in. Can I repeat my working email address myname@ntlworld.com was linked to ericg for accessing the Help and Support Forum, and has been used since the days of Comcast and Telewest.  With my recent difficulties I used a long standing but never used email address myname1@virginmedia linking to ericg21 for accessing the Help and Support Forum, hoping to sort out my troubles (see previous notes about Myname@ntl which kept appearing and causing me difficulties) I do not want to lose myname@ntlworld.com which is used constantly by my many contacts and friends.  Myname1@virginmedia.com and its Help and Support Forum user name ericg21 I could happily never use again if my addresses were functioning perfectly

You say "All of what you wanted to achieved could have been done much more easily, if not necessarily for your security and safety." If only someone had told me how!! .After roaming the online Help section I was no further forward  "The Forum and Virgin Media operate on completely different IT platforms and do not have an integrated single sign on system"  Again how would I know, all I want to do is to write emails and have occasional puzzles solved by those such as yourself, much more knowledgeable about the workings of the systems.

Finally you seem to believe you have guessed my email address. Could you send me a private  email  to confirm this?

Thanks for all your guidance

e

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I stand by every word I have said.  Instead of blundering in and opening a new account you could have achieved what you wanted by asking us first and we'd have told you how.  In fact we did tell you how (posts above from Graham_A and DJShadow).  Not only that if you had bothered to look in the Community FAQ you would have seen how to change your e-mail address yourself. On this Forum you are free to have any e-mail address you like associated with your username. You just change it in your profile (as I have in fact done for my profile). It takes seconds. As for guessing your e-mail address I have better things to do with my time. Just understand what I have said. You have provided enough information for anyone to guess. I have no intention of doing so but I have told you that by your action if some malign actor wanted to breach it they could do so easily. I am not malign. To that extent you are fortunate. I do not intend to engage further with you on this. I have asked the Mods to deal with your duplicate account and I will leave things in their hands. 

0 Kudos
ModTeam
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ericg21; 

It looks like there's been some confusion around your accounts and accessing the forum. 

I'm going to send you a private message to this account (ericg21) so if you reply to that we'll be happy to go through things with you. Just look out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner. 

Thanks

Mod Team

0 Kudos