cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ViginMedia email account - or lack of access

G20
Joining in

Ended my first contract with virgin in 2019 after almost 20 years. Started a new broadband contract two weeks ago. 

First problem - unable to sign in to My VM because system recognised me as previous customer and  would not recognise the email account. This was resolved by the technical dat and here I am.

Second problem - no matter how I try the system will not recognise my right to access Virgin mail (tried ALL the suggestions on the site, including speaking to tech dept.), but all to no avail. Anyone had similar probs? suggestions for resolution?

Here is the MAJOR problem - over the weekend July 8-11 engineers carried out network maintenance in this area. When they had finished my Outlook mailboxes had been rifled and saved mail from main and sub-folders have either been dumped or made invisible. Some files have disappeared. I thought all were lost, but after activating the account on my iphone 500+ mails reappeared in the deleted folder. Unfortunately these were not the important 'saved' mails. I have 'repaired' the account (both from within Outlook and via Microsoft), I have reinstalled Office and all the updates. I am left with the possibility that the Virgin Mail image may hold the last hope to recover the 'lost' items - if I can only GAIN ACCESS!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Before looking at the second part of your post can you confirm if VM were able to perform a Move and Transfer of your old VM email addresses to your new VM broadband account?

If they were not able to do this you would no longer have access to the old email address as this should have been closed after the original Broadband account ceased.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Before looking at the second part of your post can you confirm if VM were able to perform a Move and Transfer of your old VM email addresses to your new VM broadband account?

If they were not able to do this you would no longer have access to the old email address as this should have been closed after the original Broadband account ceased.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

To be honest, I couldn't say whether they performed the task or not, and the tech person seemed to have difficulty understanding the problem.

I'm pretty sure that a transfer was carried out because most of the stored emails were retained, in their sub-directories and are still accessible. I should point out that the Outlook I'm using for emails is the Microsoft Office 2013 version, not the Outlook.com version.

(as an aside, I still occasionally receive mails via Blueyonder from a friend whose Blueyonder account was abandoned more than 12 years ago when he left Virgin.

Not sure how rigidly the closure policy is applied, but as the saved mails that have 'disappeared' were all in place and accessible for the first week of the new contract, and all under the original email address supplied by Virgin, I think that some corruption of the account may have occurred. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi G20, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear of your experience with your email account since re-joining us. 

I would like to take a look at the account from our side to understand what has been happening. To do this, I will just need to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat