Menu
LMiles
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Very old defunct email address being used for spam - should have been deleted years ago

An old email address which had to be closed years ago when Virgin got rid of all their non-fiber customers, is still forwarding emails to my new email address. I set it up to forward emails during the transition from the old email address to my new gmail account. This started happening recently when quite clearly someone has got hold of the email address and is spamming from it (the forwarded emails are all out of office replies to stuff that I clearly haven't sent, as I have no access to that account).

The email address in question should have been deleted long ago. How can I get this account made completely inactive please?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Very old defunct email address being used for spam - should have been deleted years ago

Thank you for your post LMiles and welcome to our community.

If you know the email in question as well as some of the account information this may be attached to we can easily have this removed from our systems within 5 working days by our IT team.

I'll pop you over a private message now if you can please provide me the information needed to raise this for you.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
LMiles
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very old defunct email address being used for spam - should have been deleted years ago

Thank you Emily. I've replied to your PM with the information I can remember.
0 Kudos