Menu
toplad39
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very important email been deleted....

Im asking for urgent help in retrieving an email that contains my travel insurance documents that has disappeared from my inbox in February this year..

I have tried my bank for retailer info but it just says Travel Insurance online and no retailer name 😞

The insurance was purchased 27th Feb and I remember seeing it confirmed with all my details. I should have printed out the documents I know but ive never lost an important email like that before.

Is there anyway Virginmedia can help retrieving it?

Praying for assistance...

Thank you

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very important email been deleted....

@toplad39 wrote:

Is there anyway Virginmedia can help retrieving it?

Unfortunately Virgin Media do not keep back ups of emails so if it is not in your Webmail  (see that here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ ) Inbox or Trash  folders or in your email app if you use one on your phone or laptop then the email has gone for good.

The only suggestion I have is that it might be worth looking in the history of your browser to see if any website that you visited during February rings any bells for you. Google "how to view browser history in Chrome/Firefox/Edge/ Internet Explorer" for a guide how to access the history in the browser you used to arrange the insurance. That could give you the website and name of the company you used which would be a start.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
toplad39
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. By sheer chance I phoned a company up I thought looked familiar and it was them who I took my insurance out with. Lesson learned 🙂
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@toplad39 wrote:. Lesson learned 🙂

I am glad you sorted it out.

You do not necessarily have to print out important emails, personally I'm more likely to lose a piece of paper than an email!

One simple option that I use for documents that I'm going to need to use again is to "print" to a pdf printer. This generates a virtual copy which you can save as a pdf file. See here for examples https://pdf.wondershare.com/top-pdf-software/free-pdf-printer.html 

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

and always BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP.

I'd feel ok if i deleted everything on my computers. that is the power of a good backup system. If you won't deleted everything rethink your data policy 😛
0 Kudos