Menu
MaryMcbride2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Vanishing virgin.net email disappeared.

My virgin.net disappeared last Tuesday just a few hours after I had used it. Tech can see the account attached to my package but cannot re-activate it. I opened another account and they said to open the email to activate the account but this account cannot be found either. Ready to cancel my entire package. 

0 Kudos
MaryMcbride2
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My email has disappeared for a week now.

I am just about to leave Virgin over this. I have phoned on several occasions and tickets have been raised. Still no fix in place and no contact from Virgin. They say they can see my account but don't know how to activate it. Please help before I head off elsewhere. I have so many important emails stored in this account it would be very costly for me to lose them. As it is I have lost out on work for the last week. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My email has disappeared for a week now.

Hi MaryMcbride2,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry you're experiencing some issues with your mailbox.

I appreciate this is frustrating, but I can see the IT ticket raised if you can please wait for this to be looked at by the IT department.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
MaryMcbride2
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The ticket was a waste of time. I eventually spoke to an adviser in the Manchester call centre. He was able to tell me that while the address was still attached to my Virgin account, the email account no longer existed, EVERYTHING HAD GONE. He spoke to his supervisor who investigated as well. He said it had been shut down due to inactivity on the account. I used my email EVERY SINGLE DAY right up until an hour before I could no longer access it. They apologised but said there was absolutely nothing they could do. Very poor show from whoever monitors these accounts. I am absolutely disgusted not to say worried about all I have lost. 

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MaryMcbride2,

I'm sorry that you've had this experience when speaking with our team.

I'd like to help you and look in to this a little bit more, so I'll pop you a private message now.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos