cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation of server imap4.blueyonder.co.uk failed due to invalid credentials

harrysmart
Joining in

Hello,

Cannot solve this error on my email service. And Apple mail is no longer importing emails to my computer.

"Validation of server imap4.blueyonder.co.uk failed due to invalid credentials"

Can anyone help?

I have tried changing my passwords to no avail.

Kind Regards

Harry Makings

8 REPLIES 8

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you seeing this message in webmail or another email client; if latter which?

FYI: the recommended settings for all Virgin Media email accounts are as follow:

Incoming (either IMAP or POP3)

Account typeIMAP POP3
Usernamerichard.branson@virginmedia.com richard.branson@virginmedia.com
Server port993 995
AuthenticationPassword Password
SSL/TLSYes Yes
Server hostimap.virginmedia.com pop3.virginmedia.com

Outgoing (SMTP)

Account typeSMTP
Usernamerichard.branson@virginmedia.com
Server port465
AuthenticationPassword
SSL/TLSYes
Server hostsmtp.virginmedia.com

[Source: Email settings change]

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Message comes up in webmail.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I am not familiar with that error message in webmail. If you select ⚙ > Accounts do you see an error message similar to the following:

2023-04-06.jpeg
If you do then consider trying the following:

• Open an Incognito / Private window in your browser and go to Login to My Virgin Media | Virgin Media
  • Sign in using the authentication credentials of account displaying the above highlighted error
  • If sign in is:

▸  successful, select Account settings > Account details > Edit, located adjacent to Password in Sign in details section, amend password and save changes;

▸  unsuccessful, try resetting password from here Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media

On successfully resetting the password return to the previous windows, select Edit located adjacent to the account showing the highlighted error above, amend the password under Incoming server and save changes.

Hello,

I also cannot login to my emails online using Firefox -- had to use Chrome, but my emails last incoming are from 30 March 2023 -- did you change anything recently regarding this?

My email address is using a @blueyonder.co.uk

Am now getting on online email:

"Error

The provided login data to access e-mail server imap4.blueyonder.co.uk seems to be wrong. Please correct them."

I need to sort this out urgently as I am missing important emails
Harry

Wont ley me change anything -- saying cannot use a blueyonder.co.uk email address.

Harry

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post a redacted screenshot of issue.

Hi @harrysmart,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you seem to be facing some issues with your email address/service recently. Would you mind checking out this post and following the advice there to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!