Menu
js26233
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VM603 emails not delivered

Hi

Virgin Media's mail servers appear to be classing any emails I try to send that include the domain halasteam.org.uk as spam and I get an "Undeliverable" bounce back. 

It doesn't have to sent to an email address using that domain - an email address or url using that domain in the message body gets the same treatment, even in a plain text message. I've run numerous tests; a simple short message that where the message body contains the domain somewhere bounces straight away (makes no difference whether it's a brand new email, reply or forward); sending exactly the same message again without the domain it gets through without any problem.

Here's a sample "Undeliverable" message body:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     Some thoughts regarding potential reasons for the issues we have discussed, this time on mail adddresses

Sent:  04/05/2021 21:46

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'xxx@gmail.com' on 04/05/2021 21:46

552 5.7.0 SPAM Content Found (VM603) e1vYlGoWxA92se1vZlWyBL

I gather that (VM603) means it's Virgin's servers that are bouncing the message back.

I'm using Outlook as my mail client using IMAP for receiving, with settings exactly as per Virgin's instructions (and have been for years without any problem).

Strangely if I send using Virgin's webmail the problem doesn't happen, they send fine.

I've also noticed that mails I receive from addresses using that same domain go into my SPAM folder; I added the domain to my 'safe senders' list but they still go into spam.  In fact they go into the spam folder before I've opened Outlook - I can see new ones in virgin webmail - so that again would suggest it's Virgin's servers that have a problem with the domain.

The domain is actually that of our church, which isn't sending spam.

It's causing a real headache.  Is there some way of getting Virgin to take that domain off their naughty list? 

Cheers

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM603 emails not delivered

The forum team are best placed to resolve this and the issue has been flagged to them; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

BTW same issue was raised here Re: Emails not sending but that thread went silent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM603 emails not delivered

Hi @js26233,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I have taken a look at your account and can see you spoke with our team over the phone regarding this issue. 

An IT ticket was raised with the reference P010548333. 

This is currently being worked on. Feel free to pop back on here quoting the number above for an update. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos