Menu
dunne6
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM303 Error after email account hack

Hi there,

I'm writing on behalf of my dad whose email account was recently hacked with a mail forwarding rule placed on the account. This has caused my parents great stress, as this security flaw (and Virgin's failure to block suspicious entry to the account, as well as failure to contact us and remove the rules) left them open to an eBay scam.

The password for the account has since been changed, and the rules removed. However from reading other posts on this forum, I'm aware that Virgin Media techies must be contacted in order to mark the account as safe. 

My father usually accesses his emails via Outlook, rather than Virgin's web client (which we can currently access). But when trying to set-up the Outlook profile, I am repeatedly asked for the password access to the email account via SMTP. After some fun debugging, I've isolated the errors as (VM303) and (VM320). Please see the log: [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Thanks in advance to the engineers,

Ciaran, (on behalf of Chris) 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM303 Error after email account hack

I would take down the pastebin content as it discloses your father's email address; password was redacted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dunne6
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this from the tech team?

Tried calling the help lines multiples times. We were redirected to the "tech team", and then left on hold for an hour.

Still getting bumped by the SMTP server... Please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @dunne6 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that your fathers email address has had some issues there. 

We can definitely take a look into this for you, I am going to drop you a PM so that we can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos