cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM webmail: folders behaving strangely

John_Gray
Superfast

After the recent email "troubles", I have eventually recovered the use of two added accounts in webmail, but the folders for my main VM email account are as follows:
...Inbox
...Drafts
...Spam
...Trash
...Archive
My Folders
...Sent

(Please note, the ... indicates an icon and spacing, or just spacing).

1) Try as I might I cannot move the "Sent" folder to appear in the list above "My Folders", at the same level as the others

2) when I send a message in webmail, the message appears after a few seconds in the "Inbox" folder and NOT in the "Sent" folder - in fact nothing ever appears in the "Sent" folder!

3) when I reply to a message my own email address gets put in the "To" box, not that of the person who sent me the email

Previously, everything worked successfully, as expected.

I suspect all these problems are related.  Can anyone suggest solutions, please?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Confirm correct Standard folders are set by:

• select ⚙ > Settings > Accounts > Edit (located adjacent to email address), highlighted below:
    2023--07-16-a.jpeg
  • Confirm Standard folders are as shown below; select Save afterwards if any changes were made:
    2023--07-16-b.jpeg
  • if Standard folders changes are not shown press Ctrl + Shift + R to bypass browser's data cache and refresh page

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @John_Gray,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your email service. Just to clarify, are these the options and set up that's appearing when you access the webmail platform on our website?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

John_Gray
Superfast

Yes - that's the best I can do to show the Webmail appearance without a screenshot!

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Confirm correct Standard folders are set by:

• select ⚙ > Settings > Accounts > Edit (located adjacent to email address), highlighted below:
    2023--07-16-a.jpeg
  • Confirm Standard folders are as shown below; select Save afterwards if any changes were made:
    2023--07-16-b.jpeg
  • if Standard folders changes are not shown press Ctrl + Shift + R to bypass browser's data cache and refresh page

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Spot on!

The "Sent messages" field read as INBOX (sic), for some unaccountable reason!

Changing this to "Sent" has caused all the problems I mentionws to disappear, and things are back to normal.

Thanks very much!