Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM have closed our email account and refuse to resolve this.

Early in March this year, our old xxxx@blueyonder.co.uk email account was cut off by VM. 

Many attempts at resolving this have been met with lies from support staff, and faulty systems which ought to be able to detect that our answers to automated questions need to be reviewed by a human.

We have been told all sorts of things, ranging from it needs a password reset, to your email is lost and can't be found, to here is a reference number and it should be sorted soon and none of them are true. 

This email account is still accepting email but we can't access that. The email account is no longer associated with an active VM account, although we have all of the old account details. Nobody in support seems to read or listen to any facts, they just offer suggestions such as do a password reset or use a different browser.

This is not a fault with our equipment. VM caused this by closing an email account that they sent our bills to. There is no working email account associated with our current VM account. 

When we try to login on the web site, we get a message telling us to call Virgin Mobile, and they of course don't want to know about us. Outlook will not connect as the password has been changed, and we get an authentication error, suggesting that either the password is still wrong (doubtful) or the account is locked by VM, that's more like it.

Despite giving loads of people all of the required information, all I have had back are two reference numbers for the IT Team, who were allegedly going to reinstate the email account last month.

An IT Support ticket, reference E009862726 was raised on 20March, this has still not been resolved.

Ticket P009911025 refers to the same thing.

Nobody ever gets back to us.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM have closed our email account and refuse to resolve this.

Just an update as the conversation started on another thread.

I have taken this conversation to a private message and looked into the message above and those from the previous thread. The best action that I can take is to raise an IT ticket with the email team, to see if we can rectify this issue for IgnoredUser.

Further updates to follow

Regards

Steven_L

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well a week has passed, and there is still no response from Virgin Media.

I have to wonder if the message they are trying to get out is that they don't actually care. That's the only way to explain them not fixing this, for me and many others.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Here we are, two weeks without any progress.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey ignoreduser,

I'm trying to help you the best that I can, this needs to be worked on by our IT team, it's not something that an agent such as myself can do. 

I have re-logged this with our IT team with the proof that you have provided me with.

Regards

Steven_L

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I started this on the 4th of April this year, after a month of making comments on the posts in here and having no success at all.

Eventually, today, Steven_L has been able to get someone in Virgin Media IIT to do their job. I can't describe the amount of lies I have been told by incompetent **bleep**s who are supposed to be helping customers!

I had to log three tickets and make more than 100 calls, Texts and Webchats to listen to people telling me crap like the SMTP and PoP3 settings can't be disclosed because of data protection! Then they said the account had not been used for years, despite the fact that this is the address that VM send the bill to each month!

Then I was told the mailbox is closed and can not be fixed. When I pointed out that the email is not being bounced, so it can't be closed, the guy hung up on me.

In between, I was constantly told to do a password reset to fix the issue. The issue being that when I try to login to Webmail, I get a message telling me to phone Virgin Mobile, so I can't do a password reset.

Anyway it is fixed now, but who is going to pay for my time?

0 Kudos