cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM a email not updating, sending or receiving

Waterbabe66
Joining in

Help please! My virginmedia.com email was not updating on my iPhone and iPad yesterday, because of ‘account errors’. It also had stopped updating on the VM website. I changed my password and all my emails disappeared! There are no account errors on my mobile devices, but I can not send or receive mail.

please can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Hero

If the password of the email a/c has changed, the email apps of the iPhone / iPad must also be updated with the new password.

Thanks for replying. We have done all of that, it shows nothing, no errors just ‘checking for mail’. Very odd. I have nothing to see.

Hi Waterbabe66,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your email. To confirm, are you able to sign in and view your emails when checking here

If things aren't working through that link, are you seeing any specific error messages or codes? To clarify, how did you make a change to your password?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece

I could access emails via webmail thankfully, so changed VM password, deleted VM email acc off iPad & iPhone.
Then added them back as a new account with new password. This worked for a couple of days then failed again. 
Did the same procedure (delete account) on IPhone then it sorted itself on IPad. 

Still behaving this morning 👍🏻

Hi Waterbabe66 👋 thank you for getting back to us. 

Really pleased to hear that this was resolved with a change of password. Please do get back in touch if you need further support!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly