Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM Email service broken on Chromium Browsers

Using Chromium Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) running on Ubuntu 18.04 (64-bit)

I get this:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

No such problem on Firefox 70.0.1 

Something changed at the server end, I think, not at my end.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM Email service broken on Chromium Browsers

The first thing to try is to clear the browser history of VM cache and cookies or try incognito mode - just to check if that is the cause. Restart the browser as well after doing so.

The same as when you last had a problem: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Email-Login-Fail-on-Chromium/m-p/3722336

If it persists - then other community members will see if they also have a problem or can replicate it.  They will suggest other self-help ideas or refer to the Forum team for escalation.  Good luck.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help.

It's annoying to have to clear down my browser cache 'for all time' to fix this. I'll shift my mail to a different email service with a better UI and a more forgiving / compatible back end.

Regards,

Nick
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Specifically it seems to be the vm mail cookie for chrome that the server can't handle.  Deleted using  chrome://settings/siteData.  Now fixed.