cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Email Unavailable. Now saying I don't have an email account with VMedia.

merton69
Tuning in

Hello.
The lack of email service is now going beyond the funny.
Since the 18/19th June I have lost my email service.

I log into My VM and try to view my emails direct, and all that appears, is a webpage shown below. Do I just wait for the service to be resumed or do I follow the procedures suggested to 'unlock' my email account please?

Hope somebody can reply soon as I am in need of emails connected to an urgent court case!

Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 18.25.51.png

15 REPLIES 15

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @merton69 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the email issue. If it's part of the overall issue, then we apologise again to those individuals who have been experiencing issues with their email services since Monday. Our teams are continuing to work on restoring all users’ access as a priority and we will do this as soon as possible.

You can also try unlocking it if it's not, does this also mean that the email we're discussing isn't linked to an active account?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello John and thank you for replying.
The email I have mentioned is a fully live VMedia account that is used daily that is all part of my broadband account.

Thanks,

Hi @merton69,

Please refer to this thread for updates.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

It is asking for my email password but I have forgotten it.

What do I do please?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@merton69 wrote:

It is asking for my email password but I have forgotten it.

What do I do please?

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

When I try to call in the emails a window pops up asking me for my email password. I don't know what it is.
How do sort this out please?

We have now restored the ability to send and receive emails for all affected accounts. Our team are continuing to work flat out to restore historic emails into the inboxes of a small proportion of accounts. We apologise again for any inconvenience caused over the past two days. 

Rob

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@merton69 wrote:

When I try to call in the emails a window pops up asking me for my email password. I don't know what it is.
How do sort this out please?

@merton69  Follow the link I posted and select the option for 'I've forgotten my virgin media password' and follow the process it takes you through.

Login problems | Virgin Media Help

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham.
Unfortunately, your advice hasn't worked at all, if anything, has made things a lot worse!
In the end I had to ring VM, which in itself took eternity.
Completely blanked all my email service.