Menu
PammieG38
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VIrgin.net email help logging in

My husband has a virgin.net email address.  It is asking for a password (the password is usually auto completed) but he has forgotten it.  In order to reset this, we are then asked for the answer to the security question - but we cannot recall what this is either.  So to carry on, it is asking for a virgin.media account number and details of the last bill etc.  We don't have such an account as we only use virgin.net and a pay as you go virgin media mobile.  How can we resolve this?  We have tried mailtester.com and the address is still valid.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIrgin.net email help logging in

Unfortunately you can't resolve this situation.  As you are not Virgin Media broadband customers, the virgin.net email account should have been closed years ago when the dial up service was terminated.

The VM Forum Team will be able to ensure the email address is deleted for you, but they won't be able to help you regain access to it.

You can read up on orphaned accounts here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@PammieG38 wrote:

My husband has a virgin.net email address.  It is asking for a password (the password is usually auto completed) but he has forgotten it.

Use your favoured search engine to lookup how to review auto sign-in credentials saved in a web browser, for example in Chromium based browsers going to chrome://settings/passwords shows;

2020-07-07.jpeg
and selecting eye_icon reveals the password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
PammieG38
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not what I wanted to hear but thanks very much for getting back to me so promptly

0 Kudos
PammieG38
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm a bit of a dinosaur (as you may have realised from my original question!) so don't really understand this .... but thanks for responding
0 Kudos