cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ntlworld email without a virgin account

jjacollins
Joining in

My dad cancelled his virgin account when he moved in with us 6 years ago but has continued to use his ntlworld email account on his ipad.  Dad has now bought a laptop and wants to use his email account on it but is unable to do so without entering his password.   Dad has no idea what his password is!  To use the forgotten password facility  he needs to provide a virgin media account number and area code.   Is there any other way Dad can reset his password?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jjacollins Unfortunately if the forgotten password route does not work then there is little chance of getting the password changed.  The email account should have been closed down 90 days after the associated VM account was closed.  VM are not very good at keeping up with such things and the email account often works for years afterwards until something like this happens.

There is a very slim chance that the VM Forum Team staff might be able to help, but I stress it is a very slim chance.

There is an Apple help page here: View your passwords and related information on iPad – Apple Support (UK) that my help you find the current password saved on the iPad.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jjacollins Unfortunately if the forgotten password route does not work then there is little chance of getting the password changed.  The email account should have been closed down 90 days after the associated VM account was closed.  VM are not very good at keeping up with such things and the email account often works for years afterwards until something like this happens.

There is a very slim chance that the VM Forum Team staff might be able to help, but I stress it is a very slim chance.

There is an Apple help page here: View your passwords and related information on iPad – Apple Support (UK) that my help you find the current password saved on the iPad.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Graham_A wrote:

Snip...

...Snip

And I should point out that even if the forum team were able to regain access to the mailbox, it would be a temporary and one-time only reprieve. Your dad's email address and mailbox absolutely will be deleted at some point in the near future and oddly enough, requesting a password reset on an 'orphaned' account seems to be the very thing that triggers the cleanup and deletion.

He needs to be looking at alternative email providers and start the process of notifying all of his contacts of the new address.

Thank you.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI jjacollins, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear your fathers email account is currently not accessible. 

As our members have advised, email accounts should be deactivated automatically when no longer associated with an active Virgin Media service. Unfortunately, some account can be missed and will then get flagged to us for deactivation when there is activity. 

I would be happy to check the account and see if this is the case. To do this I will pop you over a private message to the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat