Menu
steviewilson
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Using a blueyonder email from an account no longer in use

Hi guys

A while ago when I lived with my ex we had a virgin account for broadband mainly, used S*y for tv (she preferred it). I had my main email account there, a blueyonder address.  We split up 6 years ago, and she carried on the account, but ive just learned this was only for a few months, when she moved house she never took Virgin with her, so the old account is now dead.  I am however still receiving emails to that address.  Thats no problem, however I have to reinstall my windows and dont know the password for the account, I have a new account in my name and have a virginmedia.com address, but would like to carry on using both if I could.  Any way that can be done, or transferred to my account? I occasionally get a message on screen saying blueyonder account details are out of date too.

Stevie

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Using a blueyonder email from an account no longer in use

@steviewilson wrote:

Hi guys

A while ago when I lived with my ex we had a virgin account for broadband mainly, used S*y for tv (she preferred it). I had my main email account there, a blueyonder address.  We split up 6 years ago, and she carried on the account, but ive just learned this was only for a few months, when she moved house she never took Virgin with her, so the old account is now dead.  I am however still receiving emails to that address.  Thats no problem, however I have to reinstall my windows and dont know the password for the account, I have a new account in my name and have a virginmedia.com address, but would like to carry on using both if I could.  Any way that can be done, or transferred to my account? I occasionally get a message on screen saying blueyonder account details are out of date too.

Stevie

This isn't the first time that this situation has been raised on the forum.

In short you are stuffed if you will pardon the vernacular. If your ex became the account holder for the old account she would have control over your blueyonder email address.

The move and transfer process allows all account email addresses to be moved from a closed account to a new account in certain circumstances.  Your ex would need to clear the security checks with VM and agree to this process which would wipe out any email addresses on your new VM account.

Now is probably a good time to set yourself up with an email address that is independent of your ISP and is therefore portable whenever you change broadband provider. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
steviewilson
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was the old account holder, it was in my name, and I do have a new email, but id like to keep this one going, had it since 1996 when I got my first pc.  Anything that can be done?

Stevie

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi steviewilson,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We firstly have to apologise that your old Blueyonder email is still active, normally this email should have been deactivated within 90 after your ex partner disconnected the account.

Unfortunately on this occasion we will not be able to transfer your old email address across to your new account as technically this email should have been fully disconnected and remotely checking from our end it is not appearing on your old account.

We do apologise this is not the news you were wanting to hear. As our valued community member Graham_A has advised in certain circumstances we may have been able to do a move and transfer on an email address, but we will not be able to in these circumstances.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
steviewilson
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can a redirect be set here, to forward any emails to a new address? Or do I have to go thru the most important ones individually and sort a new email?

Stevie

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

I would ask that you set up a new email address.  

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos