Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Username not found

We have a new phone and it will not allow one of our two ntlworld.com emails to be set up on it.

The email address was originally set up on our old account, but is not showing up as a secondary account on the New primary account,and the username cannot be found.

Can someone please help as we really want to keep the account as it’s used a lot?

thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Username not found

@Chuckle wrote:

We have a new phone and it will not allow one of our two ntlworld.com emails to be set up on it.

The email address was originally set up on our old account, but is not showing up as a secondary account on the New primary account,and the username cannot be found.

Can someone please help as we really want to keep the account as it’s used a lot?

thanks

Unfortunately, in the circumstances you have outlined there isn't really anything that can be done.  Ideally the old address should have been moved to your new account at the point you changed accounts.  Depending on the circumstances behind the account change it maybe possible for the VM Forum Team to arrange a move and transfer process now, but that would wipe out all email addresses tied to the current account, which may not be what you want.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We only have the main user email which is the same on the new account as it was on the old one

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Which implies that the Ntlworld address concerned wasn't attached to your old account either.  Or was it set up as a secondary account on the old account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It was a secondary on the old account. It’s still been working but now we want to set up on a new phone it can’t find the username and the password doesn’t work

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The VM Forum Team should be able to investigate this for you.  They will reach this thread in a day or so.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chuckle,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Our apologies for any issues accessing your email address. 

I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos