forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
samduffysax
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Username discontinued no access to webmail

I am a mobile and broadband customer of many years yet my virgin e-mail address seems to have been discontinued - I can't log in to webmail  and get “username does not exist” when I try and reset password. I think the address might be linked to an old account at the same address - I am coming back to a property after a period away. Spent 2 hours on phone and 4 hours on web chat and getting nowhere. IMAP still works but for how much longer? This address is also the one I use to manage my Virgin Mobile account. Really need the webmail as I am on the road between properties. Ideally need to associate this e-mail with my new broadband account at the same address but just keep getting transferred between teams. Pulling my hair out with frustration and wasted hours trying to sort this : (

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Username discontinued no access to webmail

The VM Forum Team will need to check your accounts to see if your old address can be moved to your current account.

It it is possible the process will wipe out any email addresses already set up on the current account.

They will respond to this thread either later this evening or tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
samduffysax
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I haven't had a reply at all. Do you actually have an update Graham, do you work or speak for Virgin?

0 Kudos
samduffysax
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Please could someone offer any advice as to how I engage Virgin to deal with this issue? Perhaps you have had similar? I'm very worried that I am going to lose my e-mail address despite being a paying mobile and broadband customer and Virgin are ignoring all attempts to contact them and resolve this : (

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@samduffysax wrote:

I haven't had a reply at all. Do you actually have an update Graham, do you work or speak for Virgin?

I neither work for or speak for Virgin Media as stated explicitly in my signature, if you click on the link you will be able to read about the status of VIP forum members.

I did escalate your issue to the staff yesterday and would have expected them to have replied by now.  The staff are very busy at the moment with extra work as all the offshore call centres are out of action due to the world wide pandemic.

They will respond in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
samduffysax
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can I ask, if you don't work for Virgin and you are only a customer, how are you escalating it with them? Why are you escalating calls to them? This is only the second time I have used this forum in many years. Would be really helpful to understand what is happening.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you read the information on this link it should help to explain our role.  A bit like a triage nurse.  

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/VeryInsightfulPersons

As a VIP user we have a system in place that allows us to refer posts to the staff that we believe need a priority response.

I hope that helps and that you get a staff response soon.  They do go off shift at 10pm so it is unlikely to be tonight.

samduffysax
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I had no idea "Very Insightful Person" was actually a thing! Thanks for the link. Fingers crossed.

samduffysax
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

Sadly I never heard anything back. I've tried phone (hours), webchat (hours) here on the forum and a complaint. Not a sausage. Now regretting returning as a broadband customer at all. I know these are challenging times but this really is showing contempt for customers. I'm really struggling without webmail access to my e-mail address and they had no reason to turn it off for a paying customer. Honestly, my opinion of Virgin is rock bottom.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon samduffysax,

Thanks for your post and I'm terribly sorry for the time this has taken to respond to

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn