cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username and password not recognised - no access to primary email

dunnohelp
Joining in

Hi,

I have tried logging into my Virginmedia.com email on my Apple app, outlook, and the virgin media website, and the website has told me that the username and password are not recognised.

This is my primary email and has been used daily for the past 10 or so emails so I don’t know why all of a sudden this is not working?  I have clicked on reset my password, and it does not recognise that my email is a virgin media account.

I have also tried calling virgin media, and was asking for the landline associated with the account, however the email was set up for me by my dad who is the main account holder, so I do not have a landline?

Please can someone give me a solution to this as soon as possible as it is impossible to speak to someone from virgin media, and my email is used daily for not just pleasure but also work

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

albob
Superfast

First question is "do you (or your Dad) have a BroadBand account with Virgin?"

If not your email account is liable to be disconnected ....!

Have a read of this thread - might explain what is happening to your account

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @dunnohelp, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you.

Sorry to hear of the difficulty you've been facing with the E-Mail address.

In addition to the helpful advice from @albob, we would also have to advise that we cannot work with third parties in relation to an E-Mail issue, as administration of the E-Mail addresses are account holder only actions.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn