forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
JGoodall
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Username and Password

For past couple of days I've been trying to get into my virgin media account, now they are emailing me to my personal email but when I want to go in and view the account, I cant log in and the email they are showing me I've never seen it, nor set it up.

I cant get in contact over the phone with anybody and unfortunately cannot find a live chat. Found this service very frustrating when all I want to do is check my bill online.

Has anyone had any similar issues?

Thanks

John.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Username and Password

@JGoodall wrote:

For past couple of days I've been trying to get into my virgin media account, now they are emailing me to my personal email but when I want to go in and view the account, I cant log in and the email they are showing me I've never seen it, nor set it up.

I cant get in contact over the phone with anybody and unfortunately cannot find a live chat. Found this service very frustrating when all I want to do is check my bill online.l

Sorry but it's not really clear to me what's going on here.  I know that you cannot log in to your My Virgin Media account but just to clarify things before we look for solutions:

1) When you say "they are emailing me to my personal email" are "they" Virgin Media? Presumably these are emails from them telling you, for example,  your VM bill is ready?

2) When you say "my personal email" is that an email address you have with another email provider (such as Gmail or Outlook.com for example) or is it your VM email address? By the way, whatever it is don't post the full address here just whether it's a VM or external address.

3) When you say "when I...............go in and view the account, I cant log in and the email they are showing me I've never seen it, nor set it up"

• so is it your My Virgin Media account that "you cant log in" to or the mail account itself?
  • but if you cannot log in then where are "they....showing you the email account" that "you've never seen"? Sorry, I'm confused.
  • Is this email account "you've never seen" a VM email account or don't you know because you have never seen it?

I am sorry if these questions seem stupid or nitpicking but remember we cannot see what you can see, we can only go by what you tell us. 😉

Let's wait to hear back from you with a bit more detail before going any further

For what it's worth, my suspicion at the moment is that the username of your My Virgin Media account has been changed to a non Virgin Media email address. Perhaps your"personal email"? That would sort of fit what you are saying. 

Having a non VM address as your username is perfectly ok but it means that you have to enter that non VM email address as the username when you log in to your My Virgin Media account to view your bills. On the other hand perhaps you are doing that already and it's not working .....we just don't know. 😕

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
JGoodall
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media set up an account for me but never emailed details of it, so I could log in and check my bill etc. So what is happening is, Virgin media have my personal email, in which they send me details about bills and all else however this is my personal account, not a virgin media account so I cant sign in to view details about my bill. (Do you understand now?)

So the issue is that VM have made an account for me, and never sent me any log in details. So I cant reset the account to try and get access to it. You can surely see the frustration in this?

I'll say it again, VM created an account for me but never sent me details of the account, so I need to find someway of resetting to gain access to the account. Unfortunately you cant get through on the phone to explain this. 

0 Kudos
JGoodall
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've tried signing in using my personal account and it still doesn't work, I have the email they created for me but no other details for it. It was a struggle almost to find that. I never signed up or registered my personal email for a VM account. I've only discovered this issue when i want to check up on a recent bill that came in.

Highly frustrated at the service that's being offered, I just don't understand why they created an VM account for me without sending me any detail about it. As said if I could have I would have just used my personal email if asked. If someone from the staff team could please phone any of the numbers the have for me ASAP to discuss this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the post Jgoodall and welcome to our community.

Did you not register for the My Virgin Media account yourself? 

If you've forgotten the password and the forgotten password option is not working for you I'll pop over a private message to pass security then we can reset the password for the My Virgin Media account for you.

Thanks, Emily.