Menu
egebam
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unused mail account sending spam, accounts locked

Once a month or so, I get a text to say my VM Mail account may have been used to send spam and my accounts have been locked. I have to change my password to access my VM account again, but this keeps happening. They even send a letter out by post to let me know, what a waste!

Can I "close" the email account to stop this happening? I haven't used it for about a decade.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unused mail account sending spam, accounts locked

Hello egebam,

Sorry to hear that one or email accounts have been used to send spam and can understand that it's not ideal and annoying. Can I ask whether the email account in question is currently linked to an active cable account? If so, we can arrange for it to be deleted for you. However please remember that once it's deleted, it cannot be reversed so make sure you back up any important information before hand.

If you're happy with the above, please post back so we can take some details from you to action it.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
egebam
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi - yes, it's linked to my cable account and there's nothing in there I need or use. Happy to get rid!

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us egebam,

We will certainly remove your email address you no longer use or require. I will pop you over a private message to take your details and we can get this arranged for you.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi egebam,

As requested we have now raised this with our IT department for you email of choice to be deleted from your account as you no longer use.

This will take up to 10 working days, maybe slightly longer in the circumstances.

We have provided you with your IT ticket number if you wanted an update earlier.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos