Menu
Flybridge
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unknown email addresson my account

Hi

Looking at my account details I can see a page that has all my details. There is another tab that lists all other email addresses. As well as my wife's email address, there is another email address. My email is in the format first.last@ntlworld.com, but this one has my initials followed by a random sequence of characters. When I look into the details it has my name against it.

I was wanting to delete this, but would I be deleting my own account if I did so? As it is on the Other section, I wouldn't have thought so, but I want to be certain before I try anything.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unknown email addresson my account

@Flybridge wrote:

I was wanting to delete this, but would I be deleting my own account if I did so? As it is on the Other section, I wouldn't have thought so, but I want to be certain before I try anything.

For some reason your post seems to have been overlooked so I'll try to remedy that. 🙂

If when you say "it is on the Other section" you mean that it appears on the list of 'Manage other My Virgin Media accounts' on this screen:

Other accounys.png

that means it is one of your secondary accounts and deleting it will not effect your other email accounts including your Primary address that you use to log into your 'My Virgin Media' account. You can delete it by clicking on View/Change and then using the delete option there.

The only slight word of warning I would give is that once this address is deleted you will not be able to resurrect it if at some point your realise that you really did need it. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unknown email addresson my account

@Flybridge wrote:

Hi

Looking at my account details I can see a page that has all my details. There is another tab that lists all other email addresses. As well as my wife's email address, there is another email address. My email is in the format first.last@ntlworld.com, but this one has my initials followed by a random sequence of characters. When I look into the details it has my name against it.

That's the default format for the email address first given to NTLworld and Blueyonder customers.  It normally ends up as an alias of the primary account.

Thanks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks