cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underground cable removal

Laura0101
Joining in

Hello,

There are virgin media cables underground at a property purchased recently.

Can you removed them?

The Land needs to be developed and this is causing a delay.

10 REPLIES 10

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Laura0101,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community forum page.

Could you kindly advise us whether you are a VM customer or if the property is being service by us at the moment?
Also, can would you be able to provide us with pictures of the cabling and location of the wires so we can assess this in the best way possible?

Let us know so we can guide you further based on this information, happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Adri

I am not a VM customer.

The property was recently purchase so the previous owner may have been.

See photos below

Magenta 1.jpgMagenta 2 .jpgMagenta 3 .jpg

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response Laura0101,

Just to clarify with the cable, is the entry point for them downstairs or up?

Also is there any brown omnibox attached to the property? 

Let us know,

Kain

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The real question is, whether the building with the attached cables is to be redeveloped, or the land next to it which has the underground cable, or both? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi,

The cables come to the property from the Swords Road and feed the block thereafter.

The building will be developed to the side where the cables are currently situated and the ground dug up most likely where the cables run in from the Swords Road.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Ah!  It helps to know the location. Swords tells me this is in Dublin.

You are in the support forum for Virgin UK.  You need to contact Virgin Ireland, which is a separate company.  Try here:

Virgin Media Ireland

Limerick Enterprise Development Park,

Roxboro Road,

Limerick.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yes, this is in Dublin Ireland.

Is there a forum for the Irish one?

I tried calling but as I am not a VM customer I can't seem to talk to anyone.

Would you have an email for them?

Laura

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I don't think there is an IE forum, and if Virgin IE is the same as UK they make it very hard to be contacted. No direct email. It will have to be phone or post if you want to make contact with management rather than customer support. 

- jpeg1

Ok, thanks

Do you know a number for the Irish VM that I can by pass not having a customer account number?

I tried calling but because I don't have a customer account number it just hangs up.

There are no options for people that don't have a customer number!!